Terms & Conditions
General Terms of sale
In addition to your statutory rights we will happily exchange a product on a like-for-like basis for unwanted items returned within 14 days, providing the product is
returned in unused condition with a valid proof of purchase.
Alternatively we can offer a credit note to the same value to be used within one year.
Please note we are unable to accept returns of the following:
Memory Cards/USB Flash Drives
Refunds are offered at our discretion
Reference to "us", "we" & "our" refer to Phone-In Ltd & references to "you" & "your" are references to you, the person addressed on this Receipt. The terms set out in these Conditions of Repair ("Agreement") shall apply to the service we provide to repair your mobile device and/or any accessories listed overleaf ("Accessories") on the Check-In Receipt.
1. GENERAL SERVICE: 1.1) This Receipt must be kept safe so you can present it when called upon during the unlock/repair process. 1.2) The final copy acts as your guarantee on work completed and is your responsibility to retain this for future reference & present it if needed. 1.3) Any time estimate for completion of the Service which may be given to you is an estimate only & does not form any obligation under the terms of this Agreement 1.4) Wherever possible we try to retain your existing data on the device, however we accept no claims for data loss. You are advised to backup all important data of their device 1.5) The Initial Check is in no way a conclusive check of the device. Only after a Service Check of the device can the full extent of any problems be identified. The Service Check can take up to 48 hours. 1.6) We reserve to right to dispose of devices uncollected within 60 days from completion of any works
2. REPAIR GUARANTEE: 2.1) All repairs carry a 90 days full parts & Service guarantee from the date of completion (NOT collection) with exclusion of 2.2) Damage or defects, which are in our opinion, directly caused by incorrect or improper use, neglect or by mishandling by the user, 2.3) Devices showing evidence of liquid ingress either prior or subsequently to the repair 2.4) Devices which are flat, dead or in any other way not fully testable (eg. Blank/broken display) when Checked-In, 2.5) Devices with previous repairs both DIY or otherwise, 2.6) Devices returned under guarantee where parts replaced are not in an “as new” condition (any scuffs, chips, scratches or similar damage will invalidate any guarantee) 2.7) Devices which have subsequently been opened or operated on by you or any 3rd party after the repair 2.8)
3. ADDITIONAL TERMS: 3.1) Where ever possible we use Original components in our repair, however Apple repairs are completed using high-grade 3rd party components (no-one can supply Original Apple parts except Apple) 3.2) We cannot vouch any device with a liquid/dust resistance (IP) rating will retain this after you have damaged it, so you should assume any such protection is lost both before & after any repair we may undertake 3.3) It is unlikely your original manufacturer will perform any additional service to your device once we or any other 3rd party have worked on it (See your manufacturers terms for clarification)
4. UNLOCKING: 4.1) A network “3” USIM will not work in a 2G phone even if unlocked. 4.2) The preservation of an unlock cannot be guaranteed if the device later has its firmware updated or modified. 4.3) Unlocked devices which turn out to be blacklisted are still subject to charge. It is down to you to ensure the devices works on the original network before bringing it instore to be unlocked. 4.4) iOS Remote Device Unlocking may require the original Apple ID to be entered to reactivate the device once it has been unlocked. If you do not know the original Apple ID the device may not work with your SIM even once we have unlocked it. You are still liable for payment even if you do not know the Apple ID. 4.5) iOS Remote Device Unlocking relies on timely service by Apples server to complete the unlock, therefore we are unable to accept responsibility for any delays beyond our control 4.6) iOS Remote Device Unlocking is subject to full payment upon collection of the device regardless of whether the unlock is complete or pending
5. LIABILITY: 5.1) If, through our negligence or wilful misconduct, we damage the Equipment beyond economical repair, our liability will be limited to the cost of providing a replacement with a product that is the same as or similar to the Equipment.
5.2) Any data or information that you may have stored on the Equipment shall remain your sole responsibility and we accept no liability for loss or corruption of such data howsoever caused. It is your responsibility to keep a record of any such data. 5.3) Nothing in this clause 5 shall apply so as to limit or exclude our liability for: (a) death or personal injury resulting from our negligence; (b) breach of any terms implied by statute; (c) any claim arising under the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or (d) fraudulent misrepresentation. 5.4) In no circumstance shall we be liable to you for any indirect, special or consequential loss arising out of or in connection with this Agreement, including any loss of business, revenue, profits, anticipated savings, goodwill or any other indirect or consequential loss or damage howsoever arising. 5.5) Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, all representations, conditions and warranties, whether express or implied (by statute or otherwise) are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. 5.6) We shall not be liable for any claim arising under this Agreement unless you give us written notice of the claim within three (3) months of becoming aware of the circumstances giving rise to the claim or, if earlier, three (3) months from the time you ought reasonably to have become aware of such circumstances. 5.7) We accept no liability for any fault which only becomes apparent once a device is fixed (See 2.4)
6. DATA PROTECTION: 6.1 We ask for your name and address and the other details set out overleaf ("Customer Information") so that we can notify you when your Equipment has been repaired and so we can give you an efficient after-sales service. We may also send you electronic communications from time to time to alert you to new services that we may provide. By signing the questionnaire and using these Services you consent to our use of your Personal Information as described. If you do not wish to receive such electronic communications at any time you should write to us at Phone-In, East Street, Chichester, PO19 1JE or firstname.lastname@example.org
7. GENERAL: 7.1) We shall not be liable to you for any delay in or failure of performance of our obligations under this Agreement arising from any reason beyond our reasonable control. 7.2) Our failure to exercise or enforce our rights or the giving of any forbearance, delay or indulgence, will not be construed as a waiver of such rights under this Agreement or otherwise. 7.3) This Agreement sets out the entire agreement and understanding between you and us in connection with its subject matter. Nothing in this Agreement shall effect our liability in respect of any misrepresentation, warranty or condition that is made fraudulently. 7.4) This Agreement may not be amended, modified, varied or supplemented except in writing signed by or on behalf of you and us. 7.5) If any part of this Agreement is found to be void or unenforceable it will be severed from the rest of this Agreement so that it is effective to the extent that shall not effect the validity of the balance of the Agreement, which shall remain valid and enforceable according to its terms. 7.6) Nothing in this Agreement shall confer on any third party any benefits under the provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999. 7.7) This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts
ABRIDGED TERMS: YOU MUST KEEP THIS DOCKET SAFE & PRESENT IT WHEN CALLED UPON DURING THE REPAIR/UNLOCKING PROCESS. YOUR FINAL COPY ALSO ACTS AS YOUR REPAIR/UNLOCK CONFIRMATION & THEREFORE MUST BE RETAINED. DEVICES WITH EVIDENCE OF LIQUID INGRESS (BEFORE OR AFTER REPAIR) ARE NOT SUBJECT WARRANTY. DEVICES WITH PREVIOUS DIY/SUB-STANDARD REPAIRS ARE NOT SUBJECT TO WARRANTY. IF DIY REPAIRS HAVE BEEN MADE WE MUST BE NOTIFIED PRIOR TO THE REPAIR. ANY REPAIRED DEVICE PRESENTED FOR WARRANTY WORK MUST STILL HAVE THOSE PARTS REPLACED IN NEW CONDITION; ANY FORM OF DAMAGE WILL INVALIDATE YOUR WARRANTY. FOR THOSE DEVICES WITH A WATER-RESISTANCE RATING, THIS CAN NOT BE GUARANTEED AFTER THE DEVICE HAS BEEN BROKEN; WE ACCEPT NO CLAIM FOR LOSS DUE TO LIQUID INGRESS. UNLOCKED DEVICES WHICH ARE LATER FOUND TO BE BLACKLISTED ARE STILL SUBJECT TO CHARGE; THE ORIGINAL OWNER CAN RECTIFY THE BLACKLISTING VIA THE ORIGINAL NETWORK. A NETWORK 3 USIM WILL NOT WORK IN A 2G DEVICE EVEN IF UNLOCKED. THE PRESERVATION OF AN UNLOCK CAN NOT BE GUARANTEED IF THE DEVICE HAS ITS FIRMWARE UPDATED OR MODIFIED. iOS DEVICES WILL NEED THE ORIGINAL APPLE ID TO BE ENTERED TO ACTIVATE ONCE THE DEVICE IS UNLOCKED. ITEMS ACCEPTED BY US AS UNDER WARRANTY WHICH TURN OUT TO HAVE ISSUES CAUSED BY MISUSE WILL INCUR A £20 CHARGE. DEVICES UNCOLLECTED WITHIN 60 DAYS WILL BE DISPOSED OF.
BY LEAVING YOUR DEVICE WITH US YOU ARE ACCEPTING THESE TERMS WHICH ARE ALSO DISPLAYED INSTORE.
Phone-In Ltd makes no express or implied warranties of any kind relating to the provision of information or service on or by this site. Phone-In Ltd will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use or misuse of this site or any of the information or products sold which are contained within it.
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive is now UK law. The legislation aims to make producers pay for the collection, treatment and recovery of waste electrical equipment. The regulations also mean that suppliers of equipment like high street shops and internet retailers must allow consumers to return their waste equipment free of charge.
The amount of WEEE we throw away is increasing by around 5% each year, making it the fastest growing waste stream in the UK.
Much of the UK’s WEEE ends up in landfill, where the lead and other toxins it contains can cause soil and water contamination. This can have a harmful effect on natural habitat, wildlife and also human health.
Many electrical items that we throw away can be repaired or recycled. Recycling items helps to save our natural finite resources and also reduces the environmental and health risks associated with sending electrical goods to landfill.
Distributors of new Electric and Electronic Equipment (EEE) have a part to play in reducing the amount of WEEE going into landfill sites.
Phone-In Ltd is obliged under these regulations to offer our customers free take-back of their WEEE on a like-for-like basis when they buy a new Electrical or Electronic product from us.
For example, if a customer bought a new cordless telephone from us we would accept their old cordless telephone and prevent it going into a landfill site by disposing of it safely. Customers must return their WEEE item to us within 28 days of purchasing their new item. You must make sure that the product is clean and safe – ie no broken glass or sharp edges.*
*We reserve the right to refuse products that are not presented in a clean and safe manner.
We would appreciate it if you could fill it out and enclose it with your returned product.
Under the WEEE Regulations, all new electrical goods should now be marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin symbol shown below: